• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NH Shoplifting Laws, I caught someone in my store, now what?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Suzie77

Hi,:mad:

I own a small retail store in NH. My employee called and told me she suspected a certain regular customer had shoplifted and requested I come in and review the video recorded events and see if we have her on tape. I went to the store and reviewed our video and sure enough she was caught on video red-handed stealing the item we suspected and several other things! So, we called police and we showed them video, they agree she was caught redhanded, however, we only have her face on video and a first name, she is a regular cash customer, we have a possible last name and think she is from VT. We could make a positive id if she comes back. What if she does not? Does anyone know the NH laws on shoplifting and what we can expect for a procedure? What can we do to try and find this persons full name, address and phone number? She always paid by cash, so no checks or credit card receipts. I also searched our mail list and she never signed up. Any information would be helpful! Thanks!

Last edited:

stephenk

call America's Most Wanted.

File a report with the police. When and if she ever comes back to the store, call the police to pick her up.

Not much anyone here can do if you only have a first name and you are unsure about the last name.

outonbail

Suzie77 said:
Hi,:mad:

I own a small retail store in NH. My employee called and told me she suspected a certain regular customer had shoplifted and requested I come in and review the video recorded events and see if we have her on tape. I went to the store and reviewed our video and sure enough she was caught on video red-handed stealing the item we suspected and several other things! So, we called police and we showed them video, they agree she was caught redhanded, however, we only have her face on video and a first name, she is a regular cash customer, we have a possible last name and think she is from VT. We could make a positive id if she comes back. What if she does not? Does anyone know the NH laws on shoplifting and what we can expect for a procedure? What can we do to try and find this persons full name, address and phone number? She always paid by cash, so no checks or credit card receipts. I also searched our mail list and she never signed up. Any information would be helpful! Thanks!
If you believe you know what her last name is, look for an address to go with that name.
Then mail her a coupon for a free CD or some other trinket (Like an item she was stealing) and see who shows up to claim their "Customer Appreciation Gift". If it turns out to be someone else, give the dog a bone and they'll be none the wiser.

Then print out a photo of the suspect and make a flier to hang in your store. It should present her as your lucky monthly winner! Then add the request for anyone who may know her, to let the store manager know how she can be contacted in order to present her with the good news.

If this doesn't bring results, then you may want to look into a Ouija board.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">