• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property Tax & Non-Payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nhcredit

State: NH

I live in NH and have yearly property taxes. Twice a year. Prior to a refinance on my mortgage, these taxes were included in my mortgage. I am now stuck with almost a $2,000 real estate tax bill which I can not afford to pay in full.

I have sent a check to the town for $150 dollars and explained my situation. There is a thing on the bill that reads I am subject to 12% if paid after 01/31. So I'm guessing I'll still owe the differance, plus 12% and maybe some fees.

As long as I pay the bill - I am not in jeopardy of losing my house or anything like that, am I? I definitely am paying and as soon as I get my Tax return, it will be paid in full. But until then, I want to know if there are any specifics to ensure the town doesn't take my house or I end up in jail or something like that.

Many thanks for your feedback!

abezon

Tax foreclosures take about 2 years.

Either change your withholding so you have more money in your paycheck, which you put into savings for the taxes, or have your mortgage company start an escrow account, which will raise your mortgage payment & do the same thing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">