• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sexual Harrassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rtb2000

My daughter, Liz left for Texas with her Uncle Joe two years ago.Uncle Joe is my husband's brother. Verbally, Uncle Joe had offered her a partnership to make some money on some patents and whatever business deals that would come along. She was excited and thought that this would be an opportunity for her to make some money and secure her future. She had talked about going back to college, but Uncle Joe said that she will not be able to make the money from a college degree as to what he had to offer. Uncle Joe's marriage ended in divorce more than thirty years ago. He has not remarried and has no children. When he made this offer, we thought that perhaps he wanted our children to share in his good fortune.We had no ill thoughts, because after all, this is our own flesh and blood! He also allowed Liz to sign on at least two bank accounts.He also told her that he wanted to set up a living trust for her. She worked like she was supposed to. To Liz, this is her "kind" Uncle Joe. All that has changed. Joe showed his true colors. He wants sex with Liz.If not, he wants to kick her out for a mere $8,000 So said, that's all he could spare! Does she opt for a civil suit? Uncle Joe is a millionaire. Liz is devastated. She will never be able to trust anyone again. Uncle Joe had an ulterior motive after all! Anyone who has an answer, please give us a feedback.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Umm, I am assuming uncle joe is not a blood relative of Liz? Did you know some states do have laws about this for step families too? I.e. criminal acts?

Get a laywer - criminal and start there. Try attorneypages.com or call your state bar association and ask for lawyer referral.

R

rtb2000

lawrat said:
I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Umm, I am assuming uncle joe is not a blood relative of Liz? Did you know some states do have laws about this for step families too? I.e. criminal acts?

Get a laywer - criminal and start there. Try attorneypages.com or call your state bar association and ask for lawyer referral.
Yes! Uncle Joe IS a blood relative! We are devastated!

L

lawrat

Then it is definitely a crime and you should get the police involved immediately! Incest is a very serious crime!

My heart goes out to her. Has she gotten counseling?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">