• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harrington case hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MONICA28

I live in NJ.

Hello,

Follow up on from Dec.05 post. regarding my lawyer accepting a child arrears settlement of $12,000 without my consent. When my lawyer told me that the ex wanted to settle for $10,000 including lawyers fees, I said no, but my lawyer sent my ex lawyer a consent agreement for $11,000 that I had refused, his lawyer sent a ck which it's now in my lawyers trust account sitting there, I went to see my lawyer when I found out what was taking place and made him correct agreement, now my lawyer's ex is saying that I'm sandbagging and wants to trash me all over court because of my lawyers error, looks like my lawyer wanted to get what is owed to him from the settlement $ and close case. Now the judge wants a Harrington hearing on this issue, I'm totally fed up, what do I do. My lawyer claim he did nothing wrong and the agreement he sent to the lawyer is what I wanted, I never signed the consent agreement, this is a total lie. Please advice. What is a Harrington hearing? and what are my chances of me winning the removal of wrong settlement agreement. Now I have to fight my lawyer and my ex-lawyer.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">