• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dewie, cheatem, and howe

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bankr

STATE : MICHIGAN
I've got an active CH13 about 18months in and 100% ontime payments. unfortunately I have legal representation that is absolutely horrible (weik & assoc). To be brief, they have submitted amendments to the court that were wrong, inaccurate, and completely different than the paperwork that we signed & submitted. Additionally, when informed of the discrepancies between what was signed by us and what was typed on the amendments they say things like, "oh, i just sign the papers and submit them I don't read them" and "don't worry about it - we'll correct it". To top it off, they take weeks to file corrections - if they even file them - and they won't return phonecalls/msgs.

how can i followup and find out if the atty's are submitting corrected amendments, etc without jeopardizing my case? would it be useful for me to use PACER to review my case online? does PACER show this detail? the only info i get on the case is from the atty.

also, is there a process for bringing atty problems to light with the trustee? i'm not looking to sue/fire my atty - just force them to do the job they were hired to do! i also want to protect myself should the trustee ever notice the discrepancy and try to take action against me thinking it may have been a fraud. any advice here?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">