• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Amending Divorce decree?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

awanda

NCP has disappeared and is not paying support or visiting our child. The divorce states ncp can claim child every other year. Is it possible to have divorce papers amended to only let absent ncp claim our daughter on those years if child support is current??

Thanks

seniorjudge

awanda said:
NCP has disappeared and is not paying support or visiting our child. The divorce states ncp can claim child every other year. Is it possible to have divorce papers amended to only let absent ncp claim our daughter on those years if child support is current??

Thanks
Get a lawyer and have the judgment in your lawsuit modified.

awanda

Could I do this without an attorney? There is a contempt case in progress initiated by County CS Collection services. (assuming we can find ncp) Would it be possible to bring a motion at this hearing?

seniorjudge

awanda said:
Could I do this without an attorney? There is a contempt case in progress initiated by County CS Collection services. (assuming we can find ncp) Would it be possible to bring a motion at this hearing?
I don't know; file everything you want and if it gets kicked out, then so be it. I can guarantee that you will not get something you don't ask for!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">