• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

harassment

• Thread starter Jeanette Baumbach
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jeanette Baumbach

I live in South Carolina and this is an at will state with reference to being terminated from employment. On October 1, 2000 the company I worked for the past 27 years was sold and the first thing the new owner did was put his buddy in charge of the day to day operations (his buddy worked for the company for the past 14 years), force the president into retirement and I as vice president-administration was told that my position was being eliminated and my services were no longer required. The relationship between the employee put in charge of operations had been strained over the years. He has a very low opinion of women and consistenly made sexual remarks and gestures that were offensive. About three years ago he was promoted over me simply because he was a man and the sexual harassment increased. I went to the president of the company and made a verbal complaint. The president talked to this man and then his communication with me was hostile to say the least. When I was informed that the company was being sold and what was going to happen I knew that my job would be terminated -- this termination had nothing to do with my ability to do my job but for purely personal reasons. My question is can anything be done.

Thanks for your help. Jeanette Baumbach

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">