• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DMSNEEDHELP

I'm In Columbus, Ohio

This Goes Back Over A Year Ago. I Was Dropped Off At Work And My Daughter Let Her Boy Friend Drive My Car To Come Pick Me Up. I Went To Court Over This And Got The Car Back. They Charged Me With Wrongful Entrustment, I Plea, Guilty. I Got A Fine And Paid It. At The Time Went My Daughter Boy Friend Was Pulled Over, There Was No Insurance. I Purchased For The Car About 2 Or 3 Days After. My Ex Husbands Friend Worked At The Insurance Company And Changed The Date On The Card To Cover The Time From When The Car Was Pulled Over. But Didn't Change The Date On The Paper Work. I Was Pulled Over Christmas Eve Of 2005. I Was Told My License Was Suspended. They Impounded My Car. I Called The Bmv Told Me I Needed Proof Of Insurance Or A Sr22 Bond And A Reinstatement Fee. I Got The Reinstatement Fee And The Sr22. I Went In To The Bmv On Dec. 28, And Gave Them The Insurance Card That I Was Given. The Insurance Company Was Called They Said It Was No Longer In The System. I Told The Officer To Forget It And I Would Pay The Reinstatement Fee And The Sr22. I Had The Sr22 From Geico. I Still Have The Sr22. I Received A Paper In The Mail Stating My License Would Be Suspended For A Year. I Call The Bmv. I Was Told My License Shouldn't Been Suspended And They Would Move The Restatement Fee And Sr22 To Cover The Suspending From Dec 24, 2005. Because I Just Got The Car And Didn't Have Insurance. I Was Told My License Would Be Suspended From Feb 10 To May 10, 2006. I Said Ok And Agreed To The . But On Saturday I Received A Letter Stating. They Are Pressing Charges On Me For False Information To Mislead Public Official. I Have Never Been In Trouble Before. I Have No Record. I Can't Afford To Go To Jail Over This Because I Have 4 Kids And A Grandson I Support. Am The Only Person Working In My Family. I Don't Get Any Help With Supporting My Kids. I Am The Only Thing My Kids Have. I Live Pay Check To Pay Check And My Kids Need Me. Can You Please Find Someone To Help Me With This Mess?

seniorjudge

DMSNEEDHELP said:
I'm In Columbus, Ohio

This Goes Back Over A Year Ago. I Was Dropped Off At Work And My Daughter Let Her Boy Friend Drive My Car To Come Pick Me Up. I Went To Court Over This And Got The Car Back. They Charged Me With Wrongful Entrustment, I Plea, Guilty. I Got A Fine And Paid It. At The Time Went My Daughter Boy Friend Was Pulled Over, There Was No Insurance. I Purchased For The Car About 2 Or 3 Days After. My Ex Husbands Friend Worked At The Insurance Company And Changed The Date On The Card To Cover The Time From When The Car Was Pulled Over. But Didn't Change The Date On The Paper Work. I Was Pulled Over Christmas Eve Of 2005. I Was Told My License Was Suspended. They Impounded My Car. I Called The Bmv Told Me I Needed Proof Of Insurance Or A Sr22 Bond And A Reinstatement Fee. I Got The Reinstatement Fee And The Sr22. I Went In To The Bmv On Dec. 28, And Gave Them The Insurance Card That I Was Given. The Insurance Company Was Called They Said It Was No Longer In The System. I Told The Officer To Forget It And I Would Pay The Reinstatement Fee And The Sr22. I Had The Sr22 From Geico. I Still Have The Sr22. I Received A Paper In The Mail Stating My License Would Be Suspended For A Year. I Call The Bmv. I Was Told My License Shouldn't Been Suspended And They Would Move The Restatement Fee And Sr22 To Cover The Suspending From Dec 24, 2005. Because I Just Got The Car And Didn't Have Insurance. I Was Told My License Would Be Suspended From Feb 10 To May 10, 2006. I Said Ok And Agreed To The . But On Saturday I Received A Letter Stating. They Are Pressing Charges On Me For False Information To Mislead Public Official. I Have Never Been In Trouble Before. I Have No Record. I Can't Afford To Go To Jail Over This Because I Have 4 Kids And A Grandson I Support. Am The Only Person Working In My Family. I Don't Get Any Help With Supporting My Kids. I Am The Only Thing My Kids Have. I Live Pay Check To Pay Check And My Kids Need Me. Can You Please Find Someone To Help Me With This Mess?

I can't read this; is it the same as:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=305154

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">