• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Advice In Ohio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DMSNEEDHELP

I live in Columbus, Ohio
I have been charged with FALSE INFORMATION TO MISLEAD PUBLIC OFFICIAL. I have never been in trouble before. I have no record. By what I can tell this is a Misdemeanor of the First Degree.

This started a year ago when my daughter let her boy friend drive a car that was at my house. I was at work and my daughter let him drive the car. There was no insurance on the car. And he was pulled over. They impounded the car and got me for WRONGFUL ENTRUSTMENT. Plea guilty and got the car back.

My ex husband had a friend in a insurance company and the changed the date on the insurance card to cover that i had insurance at the time of my daughter boy friend being pulled over. But never changed the date on the paper work.

I never received any paperwork from the BMV about this so I thought everything was ok. Until Christmas Eve. I was pulled over and the police office told me my license was suspected. They impound my car.

I called the BMV, they told me I needed proof of insurance or I could pay a reinstatement fee and get a SR22 bond. I took in the insurance card to the BMV, and they called the insurance company. I guess they didn't have it in the system and said they would have to call back in a week or two. I told him to for get and I would pay the reinstatement fee and I had call and got a SR22 bond. They called to varify that. I got my license back and I thought it was over.

I received a letter from the BMV stating I was loosing my license for a year. This blew my mind. I called BMV, they said it was the second suspendion. The they told me that my license should never been suspended from the first time because it was WRONGFUL ENTRUSTMENT. So they moved the reinstatement fee and SR22 to me being pulled over on Christmas Eve. I just got the car and didn't have insurance on it yet. They would suspend my license for 90 days from Feb. 10 to May 10, 2006. I said ok and agreed to that.

I recevied a letter on a week ago stating my license was valid. They I get a paper telling me I have to go to court. I am being charged for FALSE INFORMATION TO MISLEAD PUBLIC OFFICIAL. What can I do about this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">