• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Easement issue-Arizona

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

baileyville

I am building a block wall in the exact spot where the 34 year old original wood fence is on the property line. I am running into a problem with the city as there is a 7 foot flood easement on one side of my property that extends inward from the property line. I was told that the original fence should not have been there, and that no new construction can be done on the original property line. How is it possible to protect my dogs, my propery, and my house if I cannot build a fence on one side of my house? The original wood fence has been in place for 34 years and there have been no issues, what gives?

seniorjudge

baileyville said:
I am building a block wall in the exact spot where the 34 year old original wood fence is on the property line. I am running into a problem with the city as there is a 7 foot flood easement on one side of my property that extends inward from the property line. I was told that the original fence should not have been there, and that no new construction can be done on the original property line. How is it possible to protect my dogs, my propery, and my house if I cannot build a fence on one side of my house? The original wood fence has been in place for 34 years and there have been no issues, what gives?
Q: How is it possible to protect my dogs, my propery, and my house if I cannot build a fence on one side of my house?

A: Build inside your property line away from the flood easement.

HomeGuru

seniorjudge said:
Q: How is it possible to protect my dogs, my propery, and my house if I cannot build a fence on one side of my house?

A: Build inside your property line away from the flood easement.

**A: one could also build a retaining wall similar to the castles of old with a moat.

T

Trucking Mad

HomeGuru said:
**A: one could also build a retaining wall similar to the castles of old with a moat.
:rolleyes: They could also have a draw bridge, & toy soldiers,knights,wizards, & some purple dragons in this little fantasy of yours...:p

T

Trucking Mad

baileyville said:
:cool: Apparently there is an ordinance on any new construction of a fence/wall in conjuction with the flood easement ( there probably wasn't an flood easement 34 yrs. earlier)
The old fence apparently is non-affected by this.:cool:

John Se

existing non conforming use

your old fence is an existing non conforming use, new construction must be CONFORMING! Just like your house.

HomeGuru

baileyville said:

**A: so fix your wooden fence and retract your retaining wall plans.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">