• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Income to a brand new corporation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D_Matrix

I started a C corporation in December 2005 as the entity for my services business. I had provided services during 2005 and received payment for those services in December after the C corp was formed. Can I treat that income received in December as income to the C corp even though it was payment for services I performed prior to the existence of the corporation? Thanks.

LdiJ

D_Matrix said:
I started a C corporation in December 2005 as the entity for my services business. I had provided services during 2005 and received payment for those services in December after the C corp was formed. Can I treat that income received in December as income to the C corp even though it was payment for services I performed prior to the existence of the corporation? Thanks.
Do yourself a favor and get a consult with a CPA. It may not be to your best advantage to be a C corporation, an S corporation may be better for you.

D_Matrix

I did consult a CPA and we decided the C corp is the right way to go. Can you help with my question about the payment coming in December when the corp exsits but for services both during and before my corp existed? Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">