• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Back Taxes and Bankruptcy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

windward402

I will be filing for BK in sept/oct this year. I owe back taxes for 2003 that were assessed in nov 2005. Will I be able to include the taxes with my BK?
I heard that if the taxes were 3 years or later and were assessed more than 240 days prior to BK you should be able to include?? I have no means of paying a huge 11k tax bill and now have overwelming cc debt. Long story with IRA/Home purchase that is why the tax is high. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks..

LdiJ

windward402 said:
I will be filing for BK in sept/oct this year. I owe back taxes for 2003 that were assessed in nov 2005. Will I be able to include the taxes with my BK?
I heard that if the taxes were 3 years or later and were assessed more than 240 days prior to BK you should be able to include?? I have no means of paying a huge 11k tax bill and now have overwelming cc debt. Long story with IRA/Home purchase that is why the tax is high. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks..
Despite the fact that the question is about taxes, you would probably get a better answer on the bankruptcy board, or from a bankruptcy attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">