• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

issue with mobile dealer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anands

Hi there,
There is an indian guy called Sunny in NewYork who runs a shop by the name "WITHUSCOMM".
I was referred to him by a friend telling that he can gets you connections with 6 month contract. The thought was appealing and I was under contract with T-Mobile at that time which was due to expire in March 2006. Once I contacted him he told me that he will get all existing lines cancelled and get me new connections.

I had 3 lines running at that time and he took my Driving ID and Credit Card number and shipped me 2 Motorola Razr for $217, out of which I was supposed to get $100 as mailin rebate. Also promised all 3 lines will be cancelled asap without attracting any cancellation charges. also new contract was supposed to be for 6 month and family plan at $59.99 with no activation charge.

And then started the nightmare, the old numbers were not cancelled and I was fearing that I will be feeding bills to existing and new lines both.

I called him number of times, reasonable to say 4-5 times a day, or at every available oppty. Either the calls were never answered or if they were he used to promise action by tomm and then again the whole cycle repeated. In short he was evading thinking I will stop calling. I mailed him also intermittently during this period as a friendly reminder.

At times he used to tell that this and that official from T-Mobile is out in field. Can not be contacted, we need to wait etc. etc.

After many days of calling, he finally said that billing on my 2 old nos. was put on hold while connections will be deactivated later.

I still maintained pursuing the case with him and finally on 9th Jan, I was informed that all lines were cancelled. But this gave birth to another unique issue.

T-mobile raised a bill of $600 for cancellation of lines and billed me from Dec 02 - Jan 9th saying that all lines were existing till then. On being contacted he started the same song and dance.

This time around I had a feeling that this is not going as expected and started detailed e-mail communications with him to document proof of my dealings with him.

to add to this story, both my new phones were started as separate lines with T-mobile and converted to family plan on 9th Jan only after I came to know that they were individual lines. when I confronted him with this information, asking why he started individual lines and never informed me even. He said he forgot and will convert. And something to the effect that it was necessary.

I pointed to him that I will have to feed a higher bill, but he did not comment. Also both new accts got a new connection fee attached to them which was supposed to be waived under the deal.

To add to this, I even received call form T-Mobile stating my case was being referred to collection. I informed him of that also saying that it will hurt my credit score and he said that he will settle it and let me know. Again no response and he keeps telling tomm. day after etc.

Also when phones were shipped no receipt for transaction was given to us. We asked for the same and the rebate form and what was given to us was a rebate form which did not comply to our purchase dates, but still no receipt.

I assume this guy does all his business illegitimately with no receipts and sales records.
I am not the only one who is suffering with his wrong-doing, false promises, bogus and fraud sales pitches. As a result of this I stand owing more than $1000 to T-Mobile for no apparent fault of mine, have gone thru so much trouble of calling him up, pursuing, drafting and sending emails for hrs.I am sick and tired of this and want to know my legal options so that such people can be shown that law of land is still there to protect people from fraud and malacious sales.
I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE HERE. MANY OTHER LIKE ME ARE ALSO SUFFERING SIMILIAR FATE. ALL HELP & GUIDANCE WILL BE APPRECIATED,
troubled friend,
ANAND SRIVASTAVA

seniorjudge

anands said:
Hi there,
There is an indian guy called Sunny in NewYork who runs a shop by the name "WITHUSCOMM".
I was referred to him by a friend telling that he can gets you connections with 6 month contract. The thought was appealing and I was under contract with T-Mobile at that time which was due to expire in March 2006. Once I contacted him he told me that he will get all existing lines cancelled and get me new connections.

I had 3 lines running at that time and he took my Driving ID and Credit Card number and shipped me 2 Motorola Razr for $217, out of which I was supposed to get $100 as mailin rebate. Also promised all 3 lines will be cancelled asap without attracting any cancellation charges. also new contract was supposed to be for 6 month and family plan at $59.99 with no activation charge.

And then started the nightmare, the old numbers were not cancelled and I was fearing that I will be feeding bills to existing and new lines both.

I called him number of times, reasonable to say 4-5 times a day, or at every available oppty. Either the calls were never answered or if they were he used to promise action by tomm and then again the whole cycle repeated. In short he was evading thinking I will stop calling. I mailed him also intermittently during this period as a friendly reminder.

At times he used to tell that this and that official from T-Mobile is out in field. Can not be contacted, we need to wait etc. etc.

After many days of calling, he finally said that billing on my 2 old nos. was put on hold while connections will be deactivated later.

I still maintained pursuing the case with him and finally on 9th Jan, I was informed that all lines were cancelled. But this gave birth to another unique issue.

T-mobile raised a bill of $600 for cancellation of lines and billed me from Dec 02 - Jan 9th saying that all lines were existing till then. On being contacted he started the same song and dance.

This time around I had a feeling that this is not going as expected and started detailed e-mail communications with him to document proof of my dealings with him.

to add to this story, both my new phones were started as separate lines with T-mobile and converted to family plan on 9th Jan only after I came to know that they were individual lines. when I confronted him with this information, asking why he started individual lines and never informed me even. He said he forgot and will convert. And something to the effect that it was necessary.

I pointed to him that I will have to feed a higher bill, but he did not comment. Also both new accts got a new connection fee attached to them which was supposed to be waived under the deal.

To add to this, I even received call form T-Mobile stating my case was being referred to collection. I informed him of that also saying that it will hurt my credit score and he said that he will settle it and let me know. Again no response and he keeps telling tomm. day after etc.

Also when phones were shipped no receipt for transaction was given to us. We asked for the same and the rebate form and what was given to us was a rebate form which did not comply to our purchase dates, but still no receipt.

I assume this guy does all his business illegitimately with no receipts and sales records.
I am not the only one who is suffering with his wrong-doing, false promises, bogus and fraud sales pitches. As a result of this I stand owing more than $1000 to T-Mobile for no apparent fault of mine, have gone thru so much trouble of calling him up, pursuing, drafting and sending emails for hrs.I am sick and tired of this and want to know my legal options so that such people can be shown that law of land is still there to protect people from fraud and malacious sales.
I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE HERE. MANY OTHER LIKE ME ARE ALSO SUFFERING SIMILIAR FATE. ALL HELP & GUIDANCE WILL BE APPRECIATED,
troubled friend,
ANAND SRIVASTAVA

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?p=1278671&posted=1#post1278671

double post

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">