• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no last name???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brickinthewall2

my wife does not have a last name, but she has a SSn number.
when i tried to efile our fed taxes, it was rejected twice?(married filing jointly)

will i have "major" problems filing my tax returns?

or shoudl i file my taxes only through mail/
any advice ??
:confused:

Litigation!

brickinthewall2 said:
my wife does not have a last name, but she has a SSn number.
when i tried to efile our fed taxes, it was rejected twice?(married filing jointly)

will i have "major" problems filing my tax returns?

or shoudl i file my taxes only through mail/
any advice ??
:confused:

My response:

Was your wife born into the Zulu tribe? If not, she has a last name. Have her take a look at her birth certificate. Or, if she doesn't have one of those, then have her try to remember her father's surname.

IAAL

Some Random Guy

Sorry, IAAL, I have encountered many persons with only one name, generally foreigners from africa and asia.

Have your wife locate her social security card and verify that her name is correct on the card and is the same as on the tax return. I would suggest paper filing.

Litigation!

Some Random Guy said:
Sorry, IAAL, I have encountered many persons with only one name, generally foreigners from africa and asia.

Have your wife locate her social security card and verify that her name is correct on the card and is the same as on the tax return. I would suggest paper filing.

My response:

Bull crap. Everyone has a surname. All because you never saw one from these supposed Africans or Asians, doesn't mean they didn't have one.

In that case, you may call me Zantoozi. That's a good, singular, name.

IAAL

Snipes5

Locate the SS Card. File the return with exactly what it says on the card.

They go by last name only, so put whatever is on the card in the last name box.

Also make sure the birthdate is correct, you will get the same error code for non-matching name or birthdate, but it may not explain that thoroughly.

Snipes

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">