• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassment

• Thread starter Beverly Quevedo
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Beverly Quevedo

I live in PA and am a school bus driver, employed by the school district. I have been a bus driver for 14 years. Over the past few years I have been the recipient of harassment and openly hostile treatment. In past years, my weight has been the object of harassment, with "wide load" signs posted on my bus, and jars of Slimfast placed in my driver seat.

Recently I have been the object of open hostility by some of the drivers, with remarks made over the c.b. radio, as well as covert remarks made when the person was not aware I was within ear shot.

During the course of my employment the time I used in using restroom facilities was timed and I was accused of "milking the time clock" because I was timed at 7 minutes for using the rest room.

My questions are, first, is PA an "at will" employer state? Secondly,am I considered a government employee because I am an employee of a School District? And third, what recourse, if any do I have, without jeopardizing my job?

Since there is no set protocol for addressing grievances, I went to the department supervisor and to THEIR supervisor to address these issues. Two weeks ago I also asked to review my personnel file, in the presence of my supervisor and as of this date I have not been given access to do so.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

1. At- will or not? try this site:http://www.li.state.pa.us/uc/index.html
2. Government employee - perhaps municipal/county employee.
3. Get a lawyer ASAP for hostile work environment, intentional infliction of emotional distress, etc. A labor law attorney can be found by trying attorneypages.com or calling the Pennsylvania State Bar Association and

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">