• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reversing judgement for credit reason

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kookaburralaw

My ex-wife was sued by former landlord for unpaid rent. She had no written lease. She had established an LLC with herself as sole member and incurred the debt while we were married. I did not participate in her business. The LLC, she, and I were all named defendents. I requested the court remove my name as a defendent, which was supported by my ex-wife. The judge explained that it wouldn't matter since under WI marital property law I would be responsible for her debt. I have no problem with the financial responsibility. What I did not anticipate is the negative effect a judgement would have on my credit rating.

Is there a way to have my name removed from the judgement by either an appeal or administrative procedure so this isn't on my credit record?

JETX

kookaburralaw said:
Is there a way to have my name removed from the judgement by either an appeal or administrative procedure so this isn't on my credit record?
Though the court erred in allowing your name to remain (in my opinion).... I doubt that there is a reasonable process to remove it at this time.
HOWEVER, you can contact the judgment creditor and negotiate a settlement... and an appropriate note in your credit file upon payment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">