• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have to pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sgoodfleisch

My husband's x girlfriend is suing him in small claims court-When they were together he had an old trailer on some lake property-he sold the property and wanted to let the trailer go with it-but she insisted he move it to her property-were she used it for storage-They broke up-the trailer has been there since 2001 - She send him a letter saying he has 30 days to move the trailer or she is going to charge him $100.00 a day rent - Does she have a case? Meanwhile this is the same woman that took his name off of two vehicles he purchased(he has canceled ck)-and yes her name was on title-but he feels he should get some compensation for the vehicle since he paid for them...and she took the titles from his home file cabinet....without his permission-she also stated on the titles when she transferred them that she paid a certain amount of cash which she didnt and has no proof of----

Last edited:

seniorjudge

sgoodfleisch said:
My husband's x girlfriend is suing him in small claims court-When they were together he had an old trailer on some lake property-he sold the property and wanted to let the trailer go with it-but she insisted he move it to her property-were she used it for storage-They broke up-the trailer has been there since 2001 - She send him a letter saying he has 30 days to move the trailer or she is going to charge him $100.00 a day rent - Does she have a case? Meanwhile this is the same woman that took his name off of two vehicles he purchased(he has canceled ck)-and yes her name was on title-but he feels he should get some compensation for the vehicle since he paid for them...and she took the titles from his him....without his permission-she also stated on the titles when she transferred them that she paid a certain amount of cash which she didnt and has no proof of----
Q: Does she have a case?

A: Yes.

Litigation!

sgoodfleisch said:
My husband's x girlfriend is suing him in small claims court-When they were together he had an old trailer on some lake property-he sold the property and wanted to let the trailer go with it-but she insisted he move it to her property-were she used it for storage-They broke up-the trailer has been there since 2001 - She send him a letter saying he has 30 days to move the trailer or she is going to charge him $100.00 a day rent - Does she have a case? Meanwhile this is the same woman that took his name off of two vehicles he purchased(he has canceled ck)-and yes her name was on title-but he feels he should get some compensation for the vehicle since he paid for them...and she took the titles from his home file cabinet....without his permission-she also stated on the titles when she transferred them that she paid a certain amount of cash which she didnt and has no proof of----

"When they were together he had an old trailer on some lake property-"​

My response:

Hey, SeniorJudge - - care to take a wild guess which State this is happening?

IAAL

sgoodfleisch

Double Post

Sorry, about that-But I was hoping to get a reply to if my husband has a case aginst the X---you said yes to her having one-But isn't he due some compensation for the loss of two vehicles he paid for? He did not buy them just for her that's why he put his name on the title too.

PS Did you guess that state? yes we do wear shoes

sgoodfleisch

Small Claims

seniorjudge said:
Q: Does she have a case?

A: Yes.
Couldn't it turn out as a wash in small claims since he is counter suiting for compensation for the two vehicles? After all he paid for them and has proof-plus she lied on the title saying she paid him money for them....

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
sgoodfleisch said:
Couldn't it turn out as a wash in small claims since he is counter suiting for compensation for the two vehicles? After all he paid for them and has proof-plus she lied on the title saying she paid him money for them....
I don't think it would be that cut-and-dry. He has the trailer on her property and it sounds like she is giving proper written notice to remove it.
Pay attention to the word "written"

As for the cars - what WRITTEN evidence does he have that this wasn't a gift? Or, that she didn't actually pay him cash? It comes down to he-said/she-said which is much harder to prove.

sgoodfleisch

small claims

He has proof that he paid for them....He has the canceled check and this check has his name on it not hers....and if he was giving it as a gift to her since he didn't have to finance the cars why didnt he just put them in her name at the time of purchase and leave his name off the title? She has no proof of paying anything for the cars and she has no proof of them being a gift-He has his canceled check-he has a copy of tranfer where she tranferred the cars into her name-on the transfer she stated she bought the cars from him for a certain amount of money-she has no proof of this money because it didnt happen.....also she sign the title with her name as his name.....

sgoodfleisch

Cash

Zigner said:
I don't think it would be that cut-and-dry. He has the trailer on her property and it sounds like she is giving proper written notice to remove it.

As for the cars - what WRITTEN evidence does he have that this wasn't a gift? Or, that she didn't actually pay him cash? It comes down to he-said/she-said which is much harder to prove.

As for as paying cash....from what I've seen on TV with courts...Cash doesn't exist without a receipt--I feel his written evidence is the orginal title with his name on it (First) and then hers....Like I said if it was a gift since the car wasn't financed he paid cash for it and he does has a receipt-he would have put it in her name only---plus I feel she has to prove that she paid what she said she paid when she transferred the vehicles.....and I know for a fact she can't prove that....

sgoodfleisch

Help

Okay please don't say double post..You guys are really hard-and I can take the truth...We go to court of all days Valentine's Day..You said she has a case of winning her $1500.00 - If we have to pay well we will accept that...this is just another round for her...My husband and I have been married for two years...She has tried everything and now you tell me she will win this one...Well she is the one who said put the trailer on my property...We tried to get someone to move it....But eveyone in her county knows how she is and didn't want to touch it...Plus she has told my husband he can't come on her poperty he will be arrested...We went to court over an eviction notion and the judge gave of 60 days to move it because of the weather-and said if we need more time because of weather to contact them..The judge at the eviction hearing couldn't award her any money...He was only there to evict...So she went to small claims to get money because she thanks she notified us when weather permitted...I know this probably doesn't matter but the trailer isn't in my husbdands name...He did put it there at her reguest but he doesn't own the trailer...Tks for any help good or bad

sgoodfleisch

he said she said

Zigner said:

Guess the judge didn't look at it as a gift...She has to pay...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">