• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mbergs49

My step daughter just recently moved in with us. She had been paying her mother so much a month for a car that she was driving. Well her mother kicked her out she now lives with us and the car was taken away. I also just recently purchased 400.00 worth of tires for this car. My question is can I get my money back for the tires and can my step daughter get any of her money back for paying on the car? I have receipt but my step daughter does not. The total amount left on the car to pay was about 200.00. This all takes place in new york state. Help!:confused:

Litigation!

mbergs49 said:
My step daughter just recently moved in with us. She had been paying her mother so much a month for a car that she was driving. Well her mother kicked her out she now lives with us and the car was taken away. I also just recently purchased 400.00 worth of tires for this car. My question is can I get my money back for the tires and can my step daughter get any of her money back for paying on the car? I have receipt but my step daughter does not. The total amount left on the car to pay was about 200.00. This all takes place in new york state. Help!:confused:

My response:

No, you can't get your money from a third party. Perhaps you can, however, from your Step-Daughter. The car came with tires, and it leaves with tires.

You daughter failed to pay for the car. Consider it "rent". She was getting use of the car, and that isn't free.

IAAL

mbergs49

third party

I bought the tires for the car and for my daughter if some on just takes them from us both there is know way to get monitary value back? That is crazy new york state laws???

Litigation!

mbergs49 said:
I bought the tires for the car and for my daughter if some on just takes them from us both there is know way to get monitary value back? That is crazy new york state laws???

My response:

You may not like the answer, but your post was answered.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">