• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

seperated / death

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

Ohiodebbie

I live in Ohio, my husband moved to Virginia 18 months ago.
There is no real estate, children...........I was able to file taxes as single since we've been seperated so long. If something would happen to him (death) will I be responsible for his debts he has incurred since our seperation? I know he owes federal taxes of about $4,000.

LegalBeagle

Ohiodebbie said:
I live in Ohio, my husband moved to Virginia 18 months ago.
There is no real estate, children...........I was able to file taxes as single since we've been seperated so long. If something would happen to him (death) will I be responsible for his debts he has incurred since our seperation? I know he owes federal taxes of about $4,000.
Is this a legal seperation or are just apart ? Why have you not filed for divorce ?

O

Ohiodebbie

Haven't wanted to spend the money for a divorce.
I found one on-line for $175 but that still is a little much to spend on HIM. (Drugs, gambling, alcohol) from him took all we had.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Incredible.

Some people will spend $1,000.00 on a computer, but won't spend $175.00 for a "do-it-yourself" divorce package.

Obviously, you don't want a divorce. You'd rather have him die first. Then, so be it.

IAAL

LegalBeagle

Ohiodebbie said:
Haven't wanted to spend the money for a divorce.
I found one on-line for $175 but that still is a little much to spend on HIM. (Drugs, gambling, alcohol) from him took all we had.
How do you know that because you have not filed, that he doesn't have a claim on your money/assets etc.. that 175 might end up costing you a lot more if you do nothing..

Go to Yahoo and search do it yourself divorce

O

Ohiodebbie

Your a sick puppy - I don't want him to die, but his ex (whom lives in Virginia) called me and asked me to take him back before something happens to him due to the quanity of drugs he is doing. It just got me thinking of 'what if something happens to him?' Sorry I bothered with a legal question!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Ohiodebbie said:
Your a sick puppy - I don't want him to die, but his ex (whom lives in Virginia) called me and asked me to take him back before something happens to him due to the quanity of drugs he is doing. It just got me thinking of 'what if something happens to him?' Sorry I bothered with a legal question!
My response:

And we're just as sorry that you ever came to this site.

IAAL

LegalBeagle

Ohiodebbie said:
Oh I just love being thanked.. no seriously, your welcome.. thank you, thank you.. yes I would like to thank my parents and my manager for the support they gave me..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">