• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor child lives with other parent, who has not the legal guardianship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

darla61

Being a foreigner, it is so difficult to me to find the right answer of the question in my american famyli - my husband has a doughter, who came to live with us last year (during May), because her mother left to other county. She was 16th. Her mother is her legal guardian(has a custody) and she is gonna claim her for wholle last year. The girl still live at our home and the only thing my husband don`t do is - he doesn`t pay a child support to her mother. He said that he has not any rights to claim her as a dependent child, although we take care of her and make expenses and the mother didn`t even get her girl some pocket-money.The girl will turn 18 at the summer this year and my husband said also that it doesn`t worth - going to the court for a few more left months by her 18.
It is not about the money only, but it is about our responsibilities to the minor child. What acctually my husband should do in this case, or may be he is right??
Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">