• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

son 18 and in college

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dmgalley

divorce was finalized in Florida, and Myself and my 3 children with fathers consent moved to Michigan 6 years ago. NCP has always paid me directly. Per the divorce decree we are to share who claims whom. One year I claim the 2 of the kids and the next year I only claim one. My oldest son turned 18 on February 5, 2005..... and the NCP stopped paying support. But wishes to claim 2 for the 2005 tax. I don't feel that he should be able to since my son lives with me, is currently enrolled in college and my new spouse is the only one that covers health care coverage on all 3 kids. Does he have a right to claim him for the 2005 tax year. I was planning on claiming him since he resides with me and his father had to pay child support for only 1 month in the year 2005.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">