• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please REad! Jackson H. screws up! Need Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joeynhia

Nevada

Went to Jackson H. and this was the first time ever my fiance filed for taxes or EIC since she worked for her first time last year. Well she decided to get the RAL Rapid Refund for 1 day then come to find out they missed her SS# by one digit. THey put another #. Now they tell us it will take an hour to get it fixed and they will call us back. Well it had been the whole day and we called 4 times and still no response frim the supervisor....but a tax preparer said that they had input her correct info and the correct SS# would not be taken and that it would take her till the 10th before we got the refund. I just don't understand....I don't want her to get audited. I even dont believe she even started on the correct info.
Also, since she paid like over $200 for the RAL that suppose to take 1 day which is today. Should she still be charged it for their mistakes? She will be getting it tomorrow according to them

THanks for any input.

Last edited:

Snipes5

What probably happened is that the bank denied the RAL. I don't know exactly how JH works, but if you don't get the Loan, they can't charge you the finance charges.

Transposed numbers happen all the time. If you called my office four times in the same day over the same issue, it would take most of my restraint to even call you back, much less be polite on the phone.

Snipes

LdiJ

Snipes5 said:
What probably happened is that the bank denied the RAL. I don't know exactly how JH works, but if you don't get the Loan, they can't charge you the finance charges.

Transposed numbers happen all the time. If you called my office four times in the same day over the same issue, it would take most of my restraint to even call you back, much less be polite on the phone.

Snipes
I agree that the bank probably denied the RAL. If its her first time filing that is classically what happens.

If the bank did, indeed, deny the RAL, she will only be charged for the tax preparation and a non-refundable bank application fee. The finance charge will be dropped from her fees.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">