• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Finacial ties to ex-wife

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tim Rogers

I could use some advice about two financial ties I have with my ex-wife.

The first is a 2nd mortgage we have together, she has been consintantly late with the payments, some as far as ninety days past due.

I am the first signature on the loan papers therfore the bank is considering me the primary signer of this loan, the bank is hounding me because of this, The divorce decree states that this is her responsability (the second mortgage)
minus an amount of money that was to be applied to this loan
from myself.

She has completely destoyed my credit rating in the process.

The second tie I have with her is an Equity line of credit,
this was my responsability in the divorce decree, I have never been late on a payment or missed one.

My first question is should a judge have ever allowed this marriage to be terminated in this manner, [because of the financial ties]?

My laywer stated that I basically had no rights in this matter because it was her house prior to getting married

I would like to know what I can do to rid her of my life.

My second question is can the bank come in and forclose on the property if she defaults on the loan entireley?

I have spoken to her and she states that the bank can only put a lein on her house because the 2nd and " 3rd " mortgage
do not equil the amount of the first mortgage, is this true ?

Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">