• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

work injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fred joel

calif ive been out of work for months do to a work related injury i have been told by my doc that i could be out for a possible year .i most likly will never return to my former line of work do to my injury .my problem is my comp carrier is not picking up the tab on med nor my comp pay per week .it was fine at first but nearly 8 wks have passed and all med has been stopped and i am broke.im suppost to be going to theripy three days per week.my injury status is getting worse. im even told that i will possibly need one more operation .my attorney has taken the comp company to court and the comp peaple didnt show two times so the judge slapped some penalties on my carrier.and.my lawer said we won its been a month and im still at the same status.crippled and broke.should i seek a new attorny ?

L

LadyBlu

fred joel said:

calif ive been out of work for months do to a work related injury i have been told by my doc that i could be out for a possible year .i most likly will never return to my former line of work do to my injury .my problem is my comp carrier is not picking up the tab on med nor my comp pay per week .it was fine at first but nearly 8 wks have passed and all med has been stopped and i am broke.im suppost to be going to theripy three days per week.my injury status is getting worse. im even told that i will possibly need one more operation .my attorney has taken the comp company to court and the comp peaple didnt show two times so the judge slapped some penalties on my carrier.and.my lawer said we won its been a month and im still at the same status.crippled and broke.should i seek a new attorny ?

No, but I would see about filing for SS Disability until all this with the workers comp insurance gets worked out.

Also, have you sued the carrier? Gotten a money judgement against them?

F

fred joel

yes i have aplied for sdi and will have to wait it out i guess . and no there has not be a final settlement yet . thank for your reply.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">