• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor trespassing to copy landscape

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rjmval

I have a neighbor who recently landscaped her yard. I allowed her to enter my yard with permission once. She promised that she was only looking for ideas, not to copy. Recently, her hardscaping went in and from the street appears to be identical to ours. When I approached another neighbor, they indicated that they had seen her contractor crossing between lots on top of the block wall.

1) Is this not trespassing?
2) Can I demand that she change her yard or compensate me for the time and money I spent on the original design.
3) Can I hold the landscape committee of our HOA responsible for approving duplicate plans?

Thank you

S

shell007

rjmval said:
I have a neighbor who recently landscaped her yard. I allowed her to enter my yard with permission once. She promised that she was only looking for ideas, not to copy. Recently, her hardscaping went in and from the street appears to be identical to ours. When I approached another neighbor, they indicated that they had seen her contractor crossing between lots on top of the block wall.

2) Can I demand that she change her yard or compensate me for the time and money I spent on the original design.
3) Can I hold the landscape committee of our HOA responsible for approving duplicate plans?

Thank you
Do You have a "NO TRESPASSING" sign posted?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Do you have a "copyright" or "patent" on your landscape design plans?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Take it as a compliment!!! "Imitation is the highest form of flattery"

Last edited:

Litigation!

rjmval said:

Thank you

My response:

If I were starting the "Most Stupid Post" contest again, yours would surely make the list.

IAAL

HomeGuru

rjmval said:

**A: yes unless the contractor is Spiderman.

**A: yes and she can say no. You lose.

**A: and since they have every right to do as they did, you would be told "act like a tree and leave"

Thank you

**A: no problem.

rjmval

Thanks

Wow. There are some really angry and bitter people out there. I figure that either:

1) You couldn't get into law school;
2) You went to correspondence school and can't get a job; or,
3) You realized to late that you chose the wrong career and now you take it out on people innocently requesting advice.

I appreciate the sincere replies. To the rest of you: Do you really have nothing better to do than to browse the postings looking for someone to mock to make yourself feel better?

I now know better than to use this site ever again.

HomeGuru

rjmval said:
Wow. There are some really angry and bitter people out there. I figure that either:

3) You realized to late that you chose the wrong career and now you take it out on people innocently requesting advice.

I appreciate the sincere replies. To the rest of you: Do you really have nothing better to do than to browse the postings looking for someone to mock to make yourself feel better?

**A: no problem.

seniorjudge

rjmval said:

Did you receive any inaccurate posts?

Did you get an unbiased assessment of your questions?

(Hint: No and yes.)

S

shell007

rjmval said:

Here is how it usually works. When a poster askes an educated question...they get an educated response.

When the poster asks a ridiculous question, well then...(I think you know where I'm going with this.)

HomeGuru

shellandty said:
Here is how it usually works. When a poster askes an educated question...they get an educated response.

When the poster asks a ridiculous question, well then...(I think you know where I'm going with this.)
**A: and then some ask undeducated questions and get educated answers, and still don't like it.

seniorjudge

rjmval said:

I spend my time and money for you people and this is the thanks I get!?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">