• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Registered domain under alias, what now?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

webprince

I am the owner of an Internet domain name and run the website. I purchased it approximately 1.5 years ago. Due to its adult nature, however, I registered it under an alias. Therefore, the registrant name on record is that of someone who does not exist. The address is, however, mine.

I am looking into the prospect of selling the website, and in order to make a legal transfer of the domain, there must be a notarized signature of the original registrant. Obviously, that person does not exist . . . it is my alias. Is there any way that I can make a notarized signature that would be legal and that upholds my interests in this matter? If not, how can I make it such that the domain is registered under my true name or that of my company?

HomeGuru

You should talk to Internic to see if they will accept a notarized affidavit
confirming that you in fact are the alias and to make the change to your name as the true domain owner/registrant. I did this for a client who registered a domain name under his made up unregistered company name.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">