• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

quickie re garnishment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

debitsj

I sued and I won one year ago. Want to garnish wages, can the courts help me find where he works or is it up to me to find out before I file for garnishment? Do I have to hire private detective or is there some gov't agency that can help locate him?

seniorjudge

debitsj said:
I sued and I won one year ago. Want to garnish wages, can the courts help me find where he works or is it up to me to find out before I file for garnishment? Do I have to hire private detective or is there some gov't agency that can help locate him?
WHEN POSTING A QUESTION, YOU MUST INCLUDE THE NAME OF YOUR STATE

But the general answer is hire a private detective. The courts and the government won't help.

JETX

debitsj said:
It is entirely up to YOU to locate your debtors employment. There are lots of ways this could be done..... hiring a PI is one of them.

ENASNI

Me Doggie will do it for $50.00 and a chewie bone.

Oops I forgot we are not suppose to solicit on here. Bad Doggie. :mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">