• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How Can I Serve Someone Who Is Avoiding It?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JenJen

Hi! First timer here.

WHAT CAN BE DONE TO SERVE SOMEONE WHO IS AVOIDING ME LIKE THE PLAGUE?

I heard something about taking an ad out in a paper? Does anyone know what that was all about? Any advice would be appreciated. I live too far to stalk the two people I have to serve.

Also, I heard you have to file in the town the crime took place. Then I heard you dont have to. Does anyone know about this?

Happy Trails

JenJen said:
Hi! First timer here.

WHAT CAN BE DONE TO SERVE SOMEONE WHO IS AVOIDING ME LIKE THE PLAGUE?

I heard something about taking an ad out in a paper? Does anyone know what that was all about? Any advice would be appreciated. I live too far to stalk the two people I have to serve.

Also, I heard you have to file in the town the crime took place. Then I heard you dont have to. Does anyone know about this?
JenJen, please include a few more facts.

You also need to include the name of your state?

I'm signing off now, but others may be able to help you and that information is necessary.

JenJen

I live in California. Southern Cal.

I have some fraud and verbal agreements that were broken. Im trying to prove fraudulent intent on the sale of a vehicle. I have 5 witnesses to many of these things. Especially the verbal. I have a voice mail of the seller of the vehicle also attempting to follow through on the verbal. Then he just stopped taking our calls. Its a long story. But there was fraud written all over it.

I have tried to contact the 2 parties involved through the mail. 3 different ways. Certified mail (they wont sign for it). Regular mail. And having FedEx leaving it on the doorstep with a return receipt to me stating it was left at the door at a particular time. They wont reply to my request. I think they are surprised I was able to track them down!!! But I did! It wasnt easy. I know these 2 people who live at 2 different addresses will avoid being served. It hasnt happened yet. Im just trying to prepare for it.

I did some more research. Found that I have to petition to publish a legal notice in the classifieds. But I was warned it would be costly. Does anyone have any idea how much something like this would cost? I will be happy taping it to the door. I just learned that is a possibility too. But I have to petition for it.

Do I have to petition for every different way I want to attempt to serve the people? Boy, my gas bill driving to that far away court is going to be painful!!! These people are 100 miles away!

Any advice would be GREAT!!! Thanks so much!!

JenJen

Okay...

may i ask what a professional process server will do for me? the cost roughly??? i will try to look that up online. would like a little more info on how legite it is. will i need to get a petition to use one of these professionals?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">