• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

harrasment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Curious1

harassment/ Md

I live in Maryland and have worked for this huge company for almost 9 yrs. I feel I am being harassed:

Does any of the following fall under any legal terminology that will permit me to sue and possibly win in court.

1> constantly being written up over minor issues that would normally not be addressed if done by another person in the center unless they see I feel I'm being singled out.

2> The work load on me is more intense, and over welming then expected of others, including those in other centers throughout the bldg. because of this I tend to sometimes forget to do something. I have compared the task between centers and t/w other about what is expected of them their supervisors often pitch in to help them when things get very busy. I am in a class of my own. (Unlike other centers) , my supervisors over me are not very helpful and most of the time are not present in the office leaving me to run a center of at least 60 drivers, many cust. calls ( 2 phones) and my computer generated complaints/task. all at the same time on a daily bases its hardly ever when I have a moment to just rest my mind a bit and regroup my thoughts. This is much more than the average person can do all on her own, but I continue to do my best. When I try to address why I sometimes forget with all this going on or why I couldnt get to doing something in time, my words are brushed off and here comes another write-up agianst me to sign. I have prompted them to have a supervisor to watch during my shift, which to my surprise they ok'd. Intersting enough (after 2 days of observing) the two supervisor who did this reported my performance was very efficient. With that I had hoped it to be over, but it still continues apparently the out come was not what they had hoped. They still write me up but at this time I refuse to sign any more that I dont find completely accurate. Its gone too far now.

3> Every chance they get to get something on me they jump on it. I've even had complaint filed against me that were not true and when I replied to the write-up I claimed it not true and ask if I can t/w the person on a three way call with my mgr(who keeps writing me up) present to clarify the details. I was denied that right. and the write-up was filed anyway.

4> On many occassions I have t/w the mgt team of 3 different levels and HR. I have explained that if they do not feel I can perform my job duties to the company's expectations than let me go, they refuse to do that. I only want to do my job not have this hassle over ever minor issue.

5> I feel since this has gone on for so long (atleast a yr.) there is more to this than than what meets the eye. I tried to solve this with the company and failed . I would like to know what my legal position is and intend to sue for restitution of the maximum. This has been very stressful on me and my family and I not sure how much more I can take.

[Edited by Curious1 on 12-07-2000 at 10:35 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">