• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trouble with insurance claims adjustor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

roddasteven

I got hurt at work and got an attorney to handle my case. After the first doctor released me after 3 weeks, i requested to be seen by a qme and he found that i was not permanent and stationary. I was then send to a chiropractor and he treated me for a little while and he soon discovered that his treatments werent helping and we had a mri done. The mri showed 3 herniated discs and 2 impinged nerves in my cervical, since i had a pallet fall from 20 feet above and hit me on my neck. I then got an attorney and they started dealing with the claims adjustor. When i was put on disability by the orthopedist that the attorney sent me to, when it came time for the adjustor to pay me benefits, he said that he accepted my claim but he couldnt pay me at this time cause he had to have a report from the qme commenting on the orthopedists treatments. Now the claims adjustor has turned the file over to an attorney, because i guess he doesnt know the law. Does anyone know is this a general practice that when the employee has an attorney, to turn the file over to an attorney and if so, what is the reason for doing this.

L

LadyBlu

roddasteven said:
I got hurt at work and got an attorney to handle my case. After the first doctor released me after 3 weeks, i requested to be seen by a qme and he found that i was not permanent and stationary. I was then send to a chiropractor and he treated me for a little while and he soon discovered that his treatments werent helping and we had a mri done. The mri showed 3 herniated discs and 2 impinged nerves in my cervical, since i had a pallet fall from 20 feet above and hit me on my neck. I then got an attorney and they started dealing with the claims adjustor. When i was put on disability by the orthopedist that the attorney sent me to, when it came time for the adjustor to pay me benefits, he said that he accepted my claim but he couldnt pay me at this time cause he had to have a report from the qme commenting on the orthopedists treatments. Now the claims adjustor has turned the file over to an attorney, because i guess he doesnt know the law. Does anyone know is this a general practice that when the employee has an attorney, to turn the file over to an attorney and if so, what is the reason for doing this.
What is going to happen is the Carrier will be disputing your claim. They are going to try to make it look as if this is a *New Injury* as the previous Dr did not have a diagnosis of the herniations and so they will try to make it look like this happened after the original injury and therefore they are not liable for your expenses for treatment.

As for the Dr not doing the MRI at the time of the original injury, I would contact a few personal injury attorneys and get the free consultation. Alot of times WC Attorneys do not handle Malpractice or Personal Injury, they just handle WC. You need to talk to Atty's that specialize in Malpractice, Medical Negligence and or Personal Injury.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">