• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

title gone, illegally notorized with forged signiture

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dbl-r

We had a van my husband and I owned sitting on our property. It had not been ran in awhile to some problem and my husband was approached by someone that wanted to buy it. The guy took vehicle to his home to see if he could fix it first. My husband (mr nice guy) said we would go half on parts needed to fix it if the guy bought it and if not fixable the guy could bring the van back. That was right before x mas. They guy called the other day and said could not figure out what was wrong but we owed 65 for half the parts and he would just take van to crusher and split money with us minus the part money. I told husband to get van back. He talked to the guy and was told that he had someone that wanted to buy it for a lesser price and i said fine. They were to bring us the money tonight. No show. What a surprise. I just found out that husband signed title and forged my name on it back in Dec so these people could get temp tags. The guy and his wife went and had notorized without either of use there. They got temp tags also and brought title back to my husband. Today, husband gave them title so they could give to the buyer and bring money to us. That is when the no show came in. Besides having a husband that really screwed up, can i take legal action on them and the notary.We live in Ohio. I called the people tonight and told them that Im taking legal action because is not clear title, legally notorized and I didnt sign it. Told them either the van back or the money. Any advice is appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">