• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP! Falsely accused of domestic violence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

ggolden

Hello,

I was dating a woman for a year, who I knew was always a little "eccentric," but I had no idea that she was a loon. We broke up about a month ago, because she decided to she wanted to be with a "man of God." Since then, I have received a call at work from a police officer who was called to her house because I "sexually abused" her. Nothing even remotely construable as sexual abuse has ever occured between us. The officer told me she seemed emotionally unstable, and advised me to have no further contact with her; I haven't.

One week ago, SHE called ME at home. After saying hello, she said hello, I recognized her voice and told her she shouldn't call me anymore. She hung up.

Tonight, I have been served with a temporary restraining order. In it, she alleges all kinds of horrific abuse, verbal and physical. I have never, ever abused her in any way; it is all lies.

I will never contact her again. My concern: if they grant the permanent restraining order, and she decides to call the police and lie that I have been to her place, can I be arrested? I'm planning to attend the hearing; what should I know before going?

Thanks for your help!

LegalBeagle

ggolden said:
Hello,

I was dating a woman for a year, who I knew was always a little "eccentric," but I had no idea that she was a loon. We broke up about a month ago, because she decided to she wanted to be with a "man of God." Since then, I have received a call at work from a police officer who was called to her house because I "sexually abused" her. Nothing even remotely construable as sexual abuse has ever occured between us. The officer told me she seemed emotionally unstable, and advised me to have no further contact with her; I haven't.

One week ago, SHE called ME at home. After saying hello, she said hello, I recognized her voice and told her she shouldn't call me anymore. She hung up.

Tonight, I have been served with a temporary restraining order. In it, she alleges all kinds of horrific abuse, verbal and physical. I have never, ever abused her in any way; it is all lies.

I will never contact her again. My concern: if they grant the permanent restraining order, and she decides to call the police and lie that I have been to her place, can I be arrested? I'm planning to attend the hearing; what should I know before going?

Thanks for your help!
Yes you will be arrested.

Did you get the name of the officer who called you ? Get it and get that police report. Also, an attorney would help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">