• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

harrasment due to disability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

steelcowboy

I am a slightly disabled veteran and I walk with a pronounced limp. I am not handicapped and can do my job very well. I do walk a little slower than most people due to my disability. I have been ridiculed and labeled as useless by a certain supervisor that doesnt like me due to me being contract labor. Because of this person, I have been turned down for certain jobs and it is now widely accepted that I am of no use to the company. I would like to know if I have a case for harrasment. The company I am contracted to is very much a "Good ol boy " company and I know that I will be fired or made to quit if need be. They will also lie to protect each other. I have seen this happen many times already. Can someone please help me? I dont mean to be a crybaby about this, but I have had enough

B

buddy2bear

You must document this stuff. Write down what was said, date, time and by whom. In the event you are fired, you can probably make a case against them using a joint-employer theory since you are "contract."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">