• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Deposition Allowed????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Esther Williams

S.C.

Aiken County

When I filed my small claims I was told that a witness deposition will not be allowed in court, only the actual live person. Is this true???

My case would benefit greatly by this witness and she lives three time zones away.

Thank you,
Esther

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Esther Williams said:
S.C.

Aiken County

When I filed my small claims I was told that a witness deposition will not be allowed in court, only the actual live person. Is this true???

My case would benefit greatly by this witness and she lives three time zones away.

Thank you,
Esther
Yes its true. Courts dont allow depositions to be used in place of depositions in the majority of cases.
Because the other side can't question a deposition and they have a right to question any witness against them. Fly your witness here if it is that important to your case.

Last edited:

Esther Williams

BUT...

We intend to give the Defendant a chance to question my witness at the time of the Deposition. Doesn't this make a difference?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">