• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor utilizing my block wall can I sue her for half the cost of my block wall?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dmprisk

Hi, I'm putting up a block wall. I asked the neighbor lady if she would go in half. She said she would pay nothing. But she is planning on putting in a wrought Iron gate as a kick off of my wall.
I remember seeing a People's court years ago when Judge Wapner was on, and the guy put up a block wall and the neighbor wouldn't pay a dime towards the wall, but when this non paying neighbor utilized the block wall by putting up attachment or kick off to the wall with a gate, Judge Wapner, said that since he "utilized the block wall" by putting up a permanent kick off from the wall that neighbor had to now pay half of the cost of that portion of the wall he utilized.
Does anyone know if this is true? And what statue or code would I look up. I would gladly take this non-paying neighbor to small claims court as soon as she utilizes my block wall.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">