• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

broken laptop :(

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

roxanne

I am from PA.
I wasn't sure where to post this topic. This seemed the best so forgive me if it is wrong.
This is what happened. I was at a college party recently. Everyone was drunk. I was drunk. Apparently I spilled a drink.. that wasn't even mine.. on someone's laptop.
I do not know what to do. I know I shouldn't have been so crazy and careless.. I didn't even know it happened. I didn't even set the drink near the laptop.
Do I pay this kid money or not? I feel really bad but part of me wants to say... you had underage kids drinking at your house. You should have put your valuables away. And.. If it wasn't me.. someone else would have knocked it over so go find who put the drink there.
I'm really stuck. I just want to do the right thing. Thanks.

seniorjudge

roxanne said:
I wasn't sure where to post this topic. This seemed the best so forgive me if it is wrong.
This is what happened. I was at a college party recently. Everyone was drunk. I was drunk. Apparently I spilled a drink.. that wasn't even mine.. on someone's laptop.
I do not know what to do. I know I shouldn't have been so crazy and careless.. I didn't even know it happened. I didn't even set the drink near the laptop.
Do I pay this kid money or not? I feel really bad but part of me wants to say... you had underage kids drinking at your house. You should have put your valuables away. And.. If it wasn't me.. someone else would have knocked it over so go find who put the drink there.
I'm really stuck. I just want to do the right thing. Thanks.
Q: Do I pay this kid money or not?

A: Yes, because I was at a college party recently. Everyone was drunk. I was drunk. Apparently I spilled a drink.. that wasn't even mine.. on someone's laptop.

roxanne

i said apparently.. because i didn't know it happened. far fetched as it may seem.. how do i even know if these people are telling me the truth?
the owner calls me and says "so and so said they saw you do it.. so.."
how do i know they didn't and just picked me to take the fall?

BL

I'm not going to go searching this forum , but this was posted eons ago , almost , or exact , word for word ..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">