• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shed Issues *Need Advice*

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NJ Shed

Hello, I'm currently a NJ resident who recently built a shed on my property. After being misinformed by my town the shed was not built to proper dimensional variances and my neighbor complained. Ultimately the case went before the town planning board and was ruled in our favor with no conditions. My neighbors have indicated that they will appeal this decision. They claim the shed is posing a visual blemish to their property, after providing pictures to the board they decided that was not the case.

Should they decide to appeal is there anything I should be concerned about? I belive the case would be between my neighbors and the town at this point, but if the decision is overturned what impact will it have on me?

seniorjudge

NJ Shed said:
Hello, I'm currently a NJ resident who recently built a shed on my property. After being misinformed by my town the shed was not built to proper dimensional variances and my neighbor complained. Ultimately the case went before the town planning board and was ruled in our favor with no conditions. My neighbors have indicated that they will appeal this decision. They claim the shed is posing a visual blemish to their property, after providing pictures to the board they decided that was not the case.

Should they decide to appeal is there anything I should be concerned about? I belive the case would be between my neighbors and the town at this point, but if the decision is overturned what impact will it have on me?
Q: Should they decide to appeal is there anything I should be concerned about?

A: Yes, you should always be concerned when you are involved in a legal action.

Q: I belive the case would be between my neighbors and the town at this point, but if the decision is overturned what impact will it have on me?

A: You may have to tear your shed down or alter it in some way (worst case scenario).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">