• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Verbage for suing minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Randy-z71

I had a minor driving his dads truck who rear ended me, he was excluded from insurance policy and they will not pay. I am suing in small claims, but cant actually sue the minor witjout parent, how do I word the plantiff that I am suing? in TEXAS

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Randy-z71 said:
I had a minor driving his dads truck who rear ended me, he was excluded from insurance policy and they will not pay. I am suing in small claims, but cant actually sue the minor witjout parent, how do I word the plantiff that I am suing? in TEXAS
Sue the parents who are responsible for their kid's actions.

seniorjudge

Randy-z71 said:
http://library.law.smu.edu/resguide/smclaims.htm

You are the plaintiff.

The kid is the defendant.

Why do you think the parents are responsible for the kid's actions?

stephenk

Just had the same problem come up in our office. You sue the minor as a defendant. He can only appear and/or answer your complaint through a guardian ad litum (typically one of his parents).

Betty

stephenk said:
Just had the same problem come up in our office. You sue the minor as a defendant. He can only appear and/or answer your complaint through a guardian ad litum (typically one of his parents).
I might just add if the defendant (minor) doesn't "nominate" a guardian (usually a parent) - the court will appoint a guardian or "next friend" who shall file his consent in writing with the court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">