• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Enjoyment rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sun81

I saw on another thread Enjoy of Property Rights. Can you tell me if this is an actual right, and does Texas enforce it?
I have neighbors that have three kids that are nothing but brats when my family and I try to enjoy our backyard. The parents have assembled two swingset/fort playsystems against our property line. The live on a corner lot, but have all of the kids stuff against our fence, which is against their privacy fence. We don't have a privacy fence, just chain linked. The kids get up ontop of the fort and peer over into our yard, and they make nasty sounds, bang on their fence with a metal pole. Anything to disturb any peace that we would like. The kids have recently ridden their four wheelers across my front yard, and enjoy climbing onto my garage roof. I live in a small town, with only a county sheriff. I guess the neighbors are wealthy enough that my complaints to the sheriff's dept goes into the ignore pile. I am in the process of building a side fence, but I am out money, I don't honestly have just to try to enjoy the outdoors. Personally, I don't think it is right for a homeowner to have to be out money, just to enjoy their own yard. I would love to know if I could make this stuff stop...legally. Thanks for the info!

seniorjudge

sun81 said:
I saw on another thread Enjoy of Property Rights. Can you tell me if this is an actual right, and does Texas enforce it?
I have neighbors that have three kids that are nothing but brats when my family and I try to enjoy our backyard. The parents have assembled two swingset/fort playsystems against our property line. The live on a corner lot, but have all of the kids stuff against our fence, which is against their privacy fence. We don't have a privacy fence, just chain linked. The kids get up ontop of the fort and peer over into our yard, and they make nasty sounds, bang on their fence with a metal pole. Anything to disturb any peace that we would like. The kids have recently ridden their four wheelers across my front yard, and enjoy climbing onto my garage roof. I live in a small town, with only a county sheriff. I guess the neighbors are wealthy enough that my complaints to the sheriff's dept goes into the ignore pile. I am in the process of building a side fence, but I am out money, I don't honestly have just to try to enjoy the outdoors. Personally, I don't think it is right for a homeowner to have to be out money, just to enjoy their own yard. I would love to know if I could make this stuff stop...legally. Thanks for the info!

They are not allowed to trespass. File a complaint with the sheriff and, if that doesn't work, take them to court and get a restraining order against them trespassing, and if that doesn't work...well...you ARE in Texas. Use your imagination.

sun81

Enjoyment Rights

See, there goes the stereotyping. Yes, granted I live in Texas, but this doesn't mean I am a redneck. My parents are from Oklahoma, and even though I have grown up here...doesn't mean I want to be deemed as your basic Texas type. I don't believe in violence, or whipping out a gun, or cursing at your neighbor. If I was that kind of person, I wouldn't have these problems, because I would either be A. in jail or B. have neighbors scared to death of me...which doesn't solve my problems. I honestly have tried to get along with my neighbors. But when you can't enjoy your home, or your yard, or have them treat you mutually, with any respect, then a legal recourse is your next option.
Sorry, but I really wanted to know about this Enjoy of Property Rights. I did address the sheriff's office concerning both the four wheeler and trespass on the garage...neither seemed to do any good. I did, however read a comment on this sight that gave me the idea to take a picture the next time they were doing this type of stuff. Which I did, and the kids saw me taking their pictures. And in return, those kids tried to talk my son into climbing up on their fence, because they wanted to take a picture of him...(for their scrap books.) I can't win! Each time I talk to the local law enforcement, the parents retaliate against me. Is their a law in this state that bans them from peering over into my yard from their playsystem equipment, or am I screwed from having privacy in my backyard? Like I said, I am trying to make an area on the opposite side of my house, but fencing, having it leveled, does cost some money. Honestly, if there is a law that helps me out...I would really like to know.
Thanks for the previous reply.

seniorjudge

sun81 said:
See, there goes the stereotyping. Yes, granted I live in Texas, but this doesn't mean I am a redneck. My parents are from Oklahoma, and even though I have grown up here...doesn't mean I want to be deemed as your basic Texas type. I don't believe in violence, or whipping out a gun, or cursing at your neighbor. If I was that kind of person, I wouldn't have these problems, because I would either be A. in jail or B. have neighbors scared to death of me...which doesn't solve my problems. I honestly have tried to get along with my neighbors. But when you can't enjoy your home, or your yard, or have them treat you mutually, with any respect, then a legal recourse is your next option.
Sorry, but I really wanted to know about this Enjoy of Property Rights. I did address the sheriff's office concerning both the four wheeler and trespass on the garage...neither seemed to do any good. I did, however read a comment on this sight that gave me the idea to take a picture the next time they were doing this type of stuff. Which I did, and the kids saw me taking their pictures. And in return, those kids tried to talk my son into climbing up on their fence, because they wanted to take a picture of him...(for their scrap books.) I can't win! Each time I talk to the local law enforcement, the parents retaliate against me. Is their a law in this state that bans them from peering over into my yard from their playsystem equipment, or am I screwed from having privacy in my backyard? Like I said, I am trying to make an area on the opposite side of my house, but fencing, having it leveled, does cost some money. Honestly, if there is a law that helps me out...I would really like to know.
Thanks for the previous reply.

Sounds like you are doing all you can.

Signed,

seniorjudge

A Redneck Hillbilly and Proud of It!

sun81

Enjoyment Rights

And again..thank you for your reply.
Why the Texas two step around the question concerning Enjoy of Property Rights? Is there such a law, and does it apply to my situation? I am not at all happy with having to financially rid myself of three kids peering over into my yard. These kids are up on this system about fifteen feet in the air. This almost strikes me as voyeurism. I have re-located my lawn furniture, and moved my son's trampolene, but honestly, what's the point of having a large yard, when you are a prisoner in it? We have had several instances when they have run us out of our own yard by staring, spitting, making lude comments, and being just plain loud and annoying...on purpose. I realize they are only kids, rude as they may be, but isn't the parents responsible for setting the play stuff where it is?
Thanks again for the replies.

seniorjudge

sun81 said:
Why the Texas two step around the question concerning Enjoy of Property Rights? Is there such a law, and does it apply to my situation? I am not at all happy with having to financially rid myself of three kids peering over into my yard. These kids are up on this system about fifteen feet in the air. This almost strikes me as voyeurism. I have re-located my lawn furniture, and moved my son's trampolene, but honestly, what's the point of having a large yard, when you are a prisoner in it? We have had several instances when they have run us out of our own yard by staring, spitting, making lude comments, and being just plain loud and annoying...on purpose. I realize they are only kids, rude as they may be, but isn't the parents responsible for setting the play stuff where it is?
Read the prior posts...nobody's dancing around nothing.

If I knew how to control my neighbors, I would've used that knowledge to control my neighbors.

The law violations you describe may be disturbing the peace...if the cops won't do anything, I don't know what to tell you.

HomeGuru

sun81 said:
Why the Texas two step around the question concerning Enjoy of Property Rights?

**A: two step? Heck, Bro, we doing the hip hop, and the hip and hop.

Is there such a law, and does it apply to my situation?

**A: yes there is a law. Your situation? What is your situation? You keep getting so emotional and all and keep adding to the story.

I am not at all happy with having to financially rid myself of three kids peering over into my yard.

**A: what? Are you paying a hitman to get rid of the 3 kids for good?

These kids are up on this system about fifteen feet in the air. This almost strikes me as voyeurism. I have re-located my lawn furniture, and moved my son's trampolene, but honestly, what's the point of having a large yard, when you are a prisoner in it?

**A: yes, I agree. Start wearing orange jumpsuits.

We have had several instances when they have run us out of our own yard by staring, spitting, making lude comments, and being just plain loud and annoying...on purpose. I realize they are only kids, rude as they may be, but isn't the parents responsible for setting the play stuff where it is?
**A: oh brother, talk to Dr. Phil.

ENASNI

seniorjudge said:
Read the prior posts...nobody's dancing around nothing.

If I knew how to control my neighbors, I would've used that knowledge to control my neighbors.

The law violations you describe may be disturbing the peace...if the cops won't do anything, I don't know what to tell you.

This post reminds me of the new KFC commercials with the annoying neighbors.

Get the hose.

sun81

Enjoyment Rights

Thank you seniorjudge for your response. I simply wanted to know if the Enjoy of Property Rights is a legit law, and if it pertains to Texas Law? Sorry if my remark was taken offensively. I do appreciate your replies, since I have tried to talk to my neighbors, and when that hasn't worked, taken it up with the local law.

HomeGuru

sun81 said:
Thank you seniorjudge for your response. I simply wanted to know if the Enjoy of Property Rights is a legit law, and if it pertains to Texas Law? Sorry if my remark was taken offensively. I do appreciate your replies, since I have tried to talk to my neighbors, and when that hasn't worked, taken it up with the local law.

**A: send that Burger King guy to talk with your neighbors.

sun81

Sorry, I guess my computer isn't updating as fast as the responses.
HomeGuru...why am I emotional? I have a horror movie living ten feet from my front door, and have put up with it for five years, and it intensifies each year.

HomeGuru

sun81 said:
Sorry, I guess my computer isn't updating as fast as the responses.
HomeGuru...why am I emotional? I have a horror movie living ten feet from my front door, and have put up with it for five years, and it intensifies each year.

**A: ok, I guess I prejudged you since it's been 5 years. You know how long that is in dog years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">