• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Immature ex-wife

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dandelion

My husband's ex-wife is constantly writing to him and stopping him when he sees the children, telling him how they still belong together and that they will be "soul-mates" forever. She writes how much she still loves him and is waiting for him. Sometimes he sends the kids letters and/or cards and gives them a self-addressed stamped envelope to reply with, because ex-wife says they have no money and phone has been disconnected. Well, she uses the envelope to send him "love letters" and then crosses my name off the return envelope label. She has two out of the three of the kids absolutely hating me. The 16 year old boy comes over often and has a wonderful time here, but the 14 year old girl calls me names and actually came after me one time to hit me (her dad stopped her). The 11 year old is just following the 14 year old's footsteps. Any clue what we can do about his ex-wife's immature attitude? Also, she has a live-in boyfriend..can you figure that one out? Will be posting another question soon on the child support bb regarding the 11 year old. She's not his bio daughter, he doesn't want her to know, buy mom is insisting on telling her. There is nothing mom can do because the statute has run out on any kind of paternity. They both acknowledged the daughter on birth certificate and also in divorce papers. Want to know our recourse on what if she does tell daughter that he is not her father?

D

dandelion

forgot location...

Forgot to mention...I'm from Ohio

C

cat2young

ex trouble

About the only thing you could do is file for change of custody. This is difficult and expensive.
About the bio thing there is nothing any one can do, if the child is told she will be hurt, but that does not change any thing legally, he still has to pay support and she still has to allow visits.
Good Luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">