• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

looking for free legal forms

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dbjudgrecovery

New York

Looking for free legal forms....And the name of the form used to collect interest and costs after a judgment. Also does this particular form need to be filed with the clerk and or court?

ENASNI

dbjudgrecovery said:
New York

Looking for free legal forms....And the name of the form used to collect interest and costs after a judgment. Also does this particular form need to be filed with the clerk and or court?

If you got a judgement against someone, this should have all been spelled out to you at the hearing. :confused:

dbjudgrecovery

I have recently started a judgment recovery business in New York State. Unfortunately the state I took the course in was California. The laws and forms are sometimes very different. When I went to the county clerks office she had no idea of what I was talking about. I am very sure there is such a form but I have been researching online for about 2 weeks and haven't had much luck.
Any input would be greatly appreciated....

You Are Guilty

dbjudgrecovery said:
I have recently started a judgment recovery business in New York State. Unfortunately the state I took the course in was California. The laws and forms are sometimes very different. When I went to the county clerks office she had no idea of what I was talking about. I am very sure there is such a form but I have been researching online for about 2 weeks and haven't had much luck.
Any input would be greatly appreciated....
Judgment interest is 9% by default, unless spelled out differently in the judgment itself. Interest is calculated at the time it is filed at the clerk's office. The "form" for costs is called a Bill of Costs and I do not know of any free ones, but this is what it looks like: http://www.blumberglegalforms.com/Forms/156.pdf#search='new%20york%20bill%20of%20costs'

It's usually filed at the same time as the judgment. I'm fairly sure there is a deadline to file it (i.e. can't wait 5 years after filing judgment to file BoC). In any event, the county clerk's office is where you'll want to start.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">