• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Defamation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pco

I had a computer repair co. come to my home and work on my PC cause the windows program would not load , the young man they sent over..immediately said he would have to take the ICQ to his shop so they could look into it and find a missing part, this was strange because no one had been inside that ICQ since i had purchased it and it had been working fine until this malfunction, anyway he said he would try to load the program back in from a backup that he had by this time my hour was almost up and he said that if he had to stay longer it would cost me more money, the program had started to load form the hardrive and he said "it should work after it loads itself back up". and he left to do another location..well it finished reloading and still did not work.this made me furious and since he just did a rush job and didn't really know what he was doing, I went over to my bank and put a stop payment on the check that he left with. Later I recieved an advertisement from this same co. and in between my first and last name they typed CASH ONLY. Very unprofessional, and there should be some form of law against it, is there a case here?

D

David J. Miller

Unfortunately there is no law that says you cannot write "cash only" between someones first name and last name.

I would write a letter to the company something like this.

Dear so and so,

No one writes cash only between my first name and last name.
You're told on, MISTER.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">