• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Musc Dyst/LTD/Med Ret??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dlab

Louisiana - I'm 43, and have Muscular Dystrophy (Mioshi Myopathy), which was only diagnosed 5 years ago. I've always had a limping gait, but it's progressing rapidly in recent years. Excessive walking causes pain and fatigue, and causes lower back pain as well. I am concerned and leary about declaring that I can't perform my job, which entails great amounts of walking. I have been working for a major corporation for 25 years, and have little sick time and good evaluations. What route would be feasible?? Where can I go to find more information?? Any info is appreciated.

Last edited:

somarco

If you have LTD through your employer, or privately, you may be able to collect through that policy. A lot depends on the wording in the policy.

You may also (eventually) qualify for SSDI. Once you have been unable to work for at least 5 months you may file for SSDI. Most claims for SSDI are routinely denied and appeals take an average of 18 months before approval. Many times you will have to engage the services of an attorney. You may eventually have your case heard by an ALJ.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">