• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My car is smoking!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ok 16 days ago i went to a used car dealershio and purchased a mazda mpv. Everything has been fine until the middle of last week I noticed that a small amount of smoke was comming from my car so I just put antifreeze in. Well Everything was "ok" until lastnite We pulled into a whataburger and noticed the car was letting out an tihs load of smoke. Im talking fog machine smooke i was like wtf and statred looking around for holes in hoses and wallah I found one SOoooooooooooooooo i repaired that today. Well after driving around a lil more the crazy amount of smoke returned but this time i dont know from where. So what I want to know iis since I purchased this car not even 3 weeks ago is it possible for me to get my money back from it? I mean smoke is pouring out my engine and the temp guage doesnt even show its over heating. Something seems kinda fishy about that.

seniorjudge

anthony361 said:
Ok 16 days ago i went to a used car dealershio and purchased a mazda mpv. Everything has been fine until the middle of last week I noticed that a small amount of smoke was comming from my car so I just put antifreeze in. Well Everything was "ok" until lastnite We pulled into a whataburger and noticed the car was letting out an tihs load of smoke. Im talking fog machine smooke i was like wtf and statred looking around for holes in hoses and wallah I found one SOoooooooooooooooo i repaired that today. Well after driving around a lil more the crazy amount of smoke returned but this time i dont know from where. So what I want to know iis since I purchased this car not even 3 weeks ago is it possible for me to get my money back from it? I mean smoke is pouring out my engine and the temp guage doesnt even show its over heating. Something seems kinda fishy about that.
You're stuck with it.

(Was this your new dope and gun haulin' car?)

anthony361 said:
Please excuse senor judge. Sounds like he's got his tequila iv plugged in to the jugular again.

Here's a simple question that might help. ALL used vehicles must come with a "buyer's guide" a piece of paper that will have two boxes, one of which must be checked "AS-IS" or "Warranty".

What does your buyer's guide say?

dallas702

I don't think you mean "smoking". What you describe is "steaming" (loss of coolant causing overheating). There is a short list of easily repairable things that cause leaking or overheating, none of which are the fault of the dealer who sold the car to you.

Here's a $100 analysis for free:

1- bad radiator cap
2- bad hose connections (radiator upper, lower, heater in and out, coolant line to manifold, coolant lines to transmission, and any other bypass hoses or pipes)
3- bad water pump
4- bad fan clutch
5- bad thermostat
6- blockage or leak in radiator

Any of those can be found with a pressure testor you can use for free at any auto parts store.

The worst possibility (that is NOT easily repairable, but very expensive and should have been known by the dealer) is a blown headgasket. If you started with one of the other problems and ran the car hot, you may have caused the headgasket problem yourself.

OOPS!

anthony361 said:
No its the car I use to bang your wife in
BWAHHHAAAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!!!!

Senior Judge... you fell right into that one!!

Funny how "some" people on here are so quick to be nasty instead of recommend legal help. Or maybe some people need to read the "Term and Conditions" of this website?? :rolleyes:

Anyway... I mostly agree with Dallas. But a pressure tester will not tell you if your thermostat is defective, just if the gasket were leaking. A loose water pump impeller also would not be able to be diagnosed using a pressure tester.

Does the smoke come from the tailpipe?? Does it smell like boiled anti-freeze (sweet smell). Check your sales contract like CJbrown said. See if you have any warranty provided by the seller. And take it to an ASE approved garage to have them professionally look at it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">