• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrogant Neighbor Parking on My Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nywholesaler

I have a problem that has been going on for over 6 months and I really need some help to find a resolution. Sorry for the long message, but this is as short as I can make it.

I own a wholesale business in New York City in the Borough of Queens. Parking is scarce here so I rent the driveway of a multi-family home located directly across the street from my business and use it as a private parking lot for my business. On this driveway (driveway #1), I am able to park 4 cars. This driveway is located in front of the multi-family building and runs left to right (meaning the 4 cars must be parked side by side in front of the buidling). On the right side of this multi-family building is another driveway that runs from the front of the building to the backyard. On this driveway (driveway #2), 5 cars can be parked and the cars must be parked lined up front to back.

Driveway #2 is owned by 2 separate property owners. The left side is owned by the same person who owns driveway #1 and the right side is owned by the person who owns the building next door to the muilt-family home. Hence, any car that is parked on driveway #2 is in fact parked on 2 separate private properties owned by 2 separate owners. Because of this, I paid 2 separate rents to 2 separate owners for the exclusive use of driveway #2.

About 6 months ago, the building next door to the multi-family home located directly across the street from my business was sold and the new owner did not want to continue the parking relationship that I had with the previous owner. Hence, I could not longer use driveway #2 since the passenger side of any cars parked on this driveway would fall on the new owners property. The new owner posted no parking signs on his side of driveway #2 and posted additional signs warning that any cars parked on his property would be towed.

Since I still had use of driveway #1, I was o.k. with the new owners actions above. However, about a month after the new owner moved in, I began to notice that the new owner was parking his cars on driveway #2. This means that the driver side of his cars parked on driveway #2 is resting on private property that I rent from the person who owns driveway #1. The new owner is doing exactly what he is warning me not to do on his property. I think this is very wrong and unfair.

I confronted the new owner on multiple occassions and told him not to park on driveway #2 because he is tresspassing on my property, but he won't listen to me and continues to park on driveway #2. On 2 occassions when I confronted him, he became physically threatening to me. On one occassion, he said that since I don't own the property, I have no right to tell him not to park on driveway #2. Hence, I got the owner of driveway #1 involved and the new owner won't listen to her either. This arrogant man continues to park his 2 cars on driveway #2 at his will.

I have called the police to complain about the above and the police have issued the illegal parker a total of four parking tickets over 4 separate occassions. However, he is still parking on driveway #2. Sometimes when I call the police, they tell me that they can't issue a ticket to a car parked on private property. I'm not sure if this is true since other officers have given out tickets on this car parked on this driveway.

Anyway, the above has been going on for over 6 months now and I am getting fed up. I feel like I'm getting pushed around. I want to do something about it! What can I do to put a stop to this guy parking on driveway #2? I want to teach him a good lesson! Can I tow his car without first having the police issue a ticket on his car parked on driveway #2? Any legal action that I can take? Can I press any criminal charges? Do I need an attorney to take care of this problem? Do I need to get the property owner of driveway #1 involved or can I do this myself as the renter? Do I have property rights in this case since I rent driveway #1?

Please HELP me! I feel desperate and I don't know what I should do.

Thanks for your help!

BL

Why don't you contact #1 secret agent Landlord , and have the owner put up tow away signs like # 2 Did .

Remind #1 that you pay rent for the use of the Parking spaces .

There is nothing criminal about this , this is an issue between you and landlord # 1 .

HomeGuru

Blonde Lebinese said:
Why don't you contact #1 secret agent Landlord , and have the owner put up tow away signs like # 2 Did .

Remind #1 that you pay rent for the use of the Parking spaces .

There is nothing criminal about this , this is an issue between you and landlord # 1 .

**A: and you can also hire attorney #3.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">