• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawyers Fees - No written agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

box143a

After twelve plus years trying to resolve my case, it went in front of a judge for chance of settlement. A final offer was made. Reviewed offer with legal and discussed our settlement. Never had a written contract. I paid $6,000 of costs through my employer in the first two years. The following years never made a payment which was to be settled when resolved. I was told that the $6,000 would come out of the 33% the attorneys would get. Following settlement, the attorneys denied this and charged me 33% of the settlement. They received 43%. They have the money in escrow and will not change their decision. This was presented to the COmmittee of Fee disputes and were told the position would not change. They are presenting it as their word against mine. Any suggestions. Pennsylvania.

seniorjudge

box143a said:
After twelve plus years trying to resolve my case, it went in front of a judge for chance of settlement. A final offer was made. Reviewed offer with legal and discussed our settlement. Never had a written contract. I paid $6,000 of costs through my employer in the first two years. The following years never made a payment which was to be settled when resolved. I was told that the $6,000 would come out of the 33% the attorneys would get. Following settlement, the attorneys denied this and charged me 33% of the settlement. They received 43%. They have the money in escrow and will not change their decision. This was presented to the COmmittee of Fee disputes and were told the position would not change. They are presenting it as their word against mine. Any suggestions. Pennsylvania.
You can file an appeal of the committee's decision (i.e., take it to the courts).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">