• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

personal property problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

helplessperson

Hello, I'm in need of some advice :( I left some jewelry in a "friends" car. I know for a fact I left it in his car. This jewlery means a great deal to me. The next morning I called this person and he claimed it was in his car and would give it back when I saw him next. Couple of days later the number was dissconnected. I don't know where he lives but I do know his name. What can I do to get my jewelry back? Any info is greatly appreciated.

BL

If that's all the info. you got is a Name , how are we suppose to help ?

Did the Friend know you left it in his car when you did ?

Did you ask the Friend to take care of it , and He agreed ?

Is his name listed in the phone book with an address ?

Plus ,small claims court are for monetary damages only .

Can you prove what jewelry you " allegedly " left in his car , and it's worth ?

Last edited:

Betty

Do you have any mutual friends who might know where he is currently residing & who would give you this information? What about relatives - might they know where he is & help you get your jewelry back?

helplessperson

We do not have mutual friends, but he is a famous musician. I have the the other earring to a pair. Also, he said he would give it back over the telephone.

helplessperson said:
I guess no one has any good advise for me... how lame is that.
I have some "adviCe." File a small claims suit (assuming you are in the U.S) in the appropriate county and explain your lame a$$ story to the judge.

BL

helplessperson said:
I guess no one has any good advise for me... how lame is that.
I got some good advice for you . Find another Law Forum , and get some more of the same advice .

You couldn't , or wouldn't even answer my questions .

All you have is a name , and your word for it .

She couldn't even file small claims without an address .

This is a Legal Advice forum , we are not Pi's , or Big burley mean men .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">