• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

harassment/slander

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

thom1

i live in sc. i work in a small co. of about 200 employees.
i have worked this job since 02/00. i have been harrassed since day 1. it started because i had problems from a previous job. someone recognized me and told my supervisor i was a trouble maker. i was sick for a while and because sometimes i would be sluggish people started saying i looked crazy, i was on drugs, etc. i confronted the people doing the harrasment, my supv, mgr, even went to hr. told them about the problem, even had a man say within ear shot that he would bleed my brakes. turns out my supv and mgr were the problem. whatever problems i told them, they told my co-workers. sometimes they would sit in the office and discuss what i had told them in private with the door open so everyone could hear.
in the meantime they started invading my private life. i figured out a co-worker would take keys out of my purse and go thru my auto and put them back when i was on break or in restroom. they organize meetings where everyone knows whats going on except me to indirectly talk about me to humiliate me. they have luncheons where they put laxatives in certain foods everyone knows except me. they have managed to talk to my neighbors to get them to come back and tell what they hear, see in my apt (sex, if i'm actually sick when i take leave). they follow me at lunch or after work to see where i'm going then come back and talk within ear shot. they somehow know who i talk to at home by listening to phone conversations (could be neighbors listening) and have ruined several relationships. they go to places i frequent and tell people that i have a bad attitude, cause trouble, etc. is there anything i can do?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Can you prove any of this? Have you thought of always carrying your keys with you? Have you thought of calling the police and having these people arrested for trespass and stalking?

Go see a lawyer ASAP if you can prove it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">