• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to do next

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justfish

What is the name of your state? CA

Had my truck serviced (trans service) at a "drive thru" oil change establlishment. Had problems, took back reserviced, still had problems took to dealership to fix problems. Went back to get refund talked to manger, refund was no problem. Check would be mailed in a week. Went back in a month previous manger was transfered no record of complaint. Fill out more paperwork with new manger, check would be mailed in week. Two weeks later called district manger was told went out day before. Three weeks later no check.

Small claims seems to be my next option. my questions

1) its a corp. Who do I sue? do I need to name anyone?
2) what can I sue for? the service, the repair, my time off?
3) do i need a statment from the mechanic? noterized?

JETX

justfish said:
its a corp. Who do I sue? do I need to name anyone?
If it is really a corporation shop, then you sue the corporation... and serve on their registered agent. However, it is very likely a franchise operation... and you would have to serve that franchisee.

what can I sue for? the service, the repair, my time off?
You can sue for anything you want.... however, IF you get a judgment, it will only be for your real monetary damages.... (no time off, etc.).

do i need a statment from the mechanic? noterized?
No. You need THE mechanic to show up at your hearing and offer his testimony.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">