• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sick days

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

scorpio

I work on a salary wage. My employer allows 12 sick days per year(1 day per 1 completed month of employment).I was hospitalized for 4 days.while taking my sick days to recuperate,I went over my allowable sick days by 1 day. My employer took that 1 day out of my salary. Is that legal? I live in California. My sick days are paid days.

[Edited by scorpio on 12-15-2000 at 12:31 AM]

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Do you mean the Family Medical Leave Act?

Read this section and see if it applies to you. I think your boss is in the right.

The Family Medical Leave Act - 29 USC & sect; 2601, 2611-2619, 2651-2654

Requires employers to grant employees up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave (within a 12 month period) for a) the birth of a child, b) the adoption of a child, c) a serious health condition that requires a leave of absence, or d) the care of a parent, spouse or child with a serious health condition.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">